Monday, March 29, 2010

Message Sent


Saturday, March 27, 2010, this was the first time for me to handle the Speech Choir contest. That is an annual activity for our department to engage the students into public speaking. I know I had some failures into making the program a real hit, in terms of planning and organizing people. I may have failed, but I could not fail in being true to my students.

My class may have not won the prize for the speech choir competition, but surely they have won my approval when they showed the best that they could do. That to me was a definite measure of success.

I might not have been so competetive, and I might not have impressed competitiveness to my students, unlike what the other teachers did. I did not give the class hours we had for their practice, and I was not able to see them through their rehearsals. But I saw them grew more creatively from what they began, in a very quick time.

I was not able to give them last minute inspiration to boost their morale. I was not able to comfort them after the breaking moment. I heard them from the stage cheering on me, but I failed to recognize that jubilation in their hearts.

When the program was over, I even failed to pat them in the back or shake their hands for a job well done. All these because I was so busy trying to fix things and issues right after the program. When I turned my back to see where my students were, they have gone through their ways.

This message, this short message put through the meaningful thoughts that were in my mind that time, and how I felt that time. To me, my students were winners because they finished the race, unlike the many other students who didn't even get in the race. They may not have enough time, but in that short span of time, they have proven that they can do something great.

That to me is a success. I feel I've also won and that is a message sent.

No comments: