Sunday, April 24, 2011

Time to Begin Anew

What Easter brings is a new beginning with hope that things will be better. To Christians around the world, Easter is that symbolic occasion to celebrate Jesus Christ's resurrection. On this day, we remember the victory Christ had over death and sin. With it comes our hope for the eternal life when we passed this world.

This is the highlight of the Lenten season. In its celebration, we have joy that we can join Christ to where he is, in our afterlife. It calls for change, renewal of faith and perspectives to be born anew. All those entails dying from an old past and coming to a new life from an old self.

At home, there were times that I was broke because I didn't want to touch the money I keep. There were times I did not want to give, because I felt others are not generous in giving. There were times don't want to share anymore, because others are not even grateful. There were times I did not want to help in the housework, because I thought I provide the bread and butter for everyone.

At work, there were times I don't brush up on my lessons anymore, because I thought I knew much of them already. There were times I did not want to know my students more, because I thought I would have them for a short term only. There were times I did not want to help some people, because I thought they should help their selves.

In my studies, there were times I was not serious about them, instead I talk foul of my professors who do not meet my expectations. There were times I thought I knew much and thought better of my self compared to others. There were times that I put so much time on what I study to find my body suffering from lack of sleep and stress. There were times that I was not speaking my mind because I just want to please my professor.

Thank God it's Easter, it reminded me that I have to find my good self like how children enjoy hunting easter eggs. The time I spent away from work and far from school favored some time to see my self and a time to think of what I have become and what I ought to be. I am not perfect, I am sure of that as no one is. But, I take this day like a spring -- a new season of life to begin anew.






1 comment:

skysenshi said...

Here's to starting anew!! :D Cheers!
(Dami mo realizations, hehe.) Andddd...see ya later! I've missed you guys!