Monday, March 7, 2011

Life Burn Out


How could you manage to still blog when you have so many other things to do?

I myself is fascinated because I am keeping two blogs, writing reflections from our lessons in my PhD, doing two or three researches, glossing on 10-20 books, checking papers, preparing lessons and updating my Facebook account.

I am not superhuman, I am just an ordinary guy like anyone else. Honestly, I really don't know how I can do so much with the little time I have for my self. To others, they may find me burning both winks of my candle.

I could be doing so many things, but I am not burning both winks of my candle to waste. It just so happen that I know my priorities and I am passionate in doing all those things.

Frankly, I have no financial gains in doing all of them. I just enjoy doing them because they are meaningful to me. What drives me are intrinsic, so what would burn my wink out is also intrinsic.


I could stop myself from doing all those things, and just sit lazily in front of the TV, or browse the Internet for nothing, read tabloids or just gossip with my colleagues. I could just ignore the fact that I have students who would like to learn from me. I could miss my PhD classes and just get an incomplete grade.

With all those many things, it would be easy for me to get burned out. But life for me only has meaning when right things are done for the right purpose. I believe things unfold in their right time. My time to do so many things may be so little, but if I can do them so I must do them.

As I understand that I chose to do these not just for myself but for others, then I must also understand that I have to find the best ways so I can accomplish them. Life is not so cruel to burn someone out.

Life is the most beautiful thing that has ever come into this universe. We must live it meaningfully. Those people who feels burnt out in their lives are not really enjoying their life, rather it is the circumstances in their world that master them and not them in their lives.

1 comment:

skysenshi said...

That's one of the things that will keep you from burning out. If you are passionate but you can distribute your energy. :) I've decided that for 2011, I will only work on the things that are meaningful to me, too. :)